Mobile menu

Can I buy just PowerPoint, or is it necessary to buy the entire Office Suite?
Thread poster: Kim Metzger

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:41
German to English
Jun 27, 2002

I\'d like to add PowerPoint to my applications and was wondering if it\'s necessary to buy the entire Office Suite or if I can buy PowerPoint separately. Right now I have Windows XP with MS Word 2002. Would PowerPoint work as a separate application? Does anyone know of any bargains on PowerPoint?

Direct link Reply with quote

shfranke  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:41
English to Arabic
+ ...
MS PowerPoint XP (2002) go for full MS Office XP Jun 27, 2002

Greetings.

While MS PowerPoint XP (2002) is available for purchase as a stand-alone item to add to your OS, for not much more (depending on estimated use) you can purchase the bundled MS Office XP Standard or Professional suite (or the Professional Special Edition, which includes MS Publisher XP and FrontPage).

HTH.

Regards from Los Angeles,

Stephen H. Franke

English Arabic,

Kurdish, and Farsi)

Heather Ferlicchia  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:41
German to English
Available separately... Jun 27, 2002

Hi Kim,

I don\'t know anything about bargains, but apparently it IS possible to buy PowerPoint separately. You can get the info \"straight from the horse\'s mouth\" at:

www.microsoft.com/office/powerpoint/howtobuy/default.asp

HTH! Heather

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:41
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Buying PP separately is possible... Jun 27, 2002

however I would not do this. The price for full Office XP Professional (contains Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook) package is 445,00 Euro (see: https://www.softwarehouse.de/cgi-bin/product/P11540!158628!ALL ) and Powerpoint alone costs 439,00 Euro (see: https://www.softwarehouse.de/cgi-bin/product/P11356 ).

So there is no reason to purchase PP alone.

Best

Jerzy

Hans-Henning Judek  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:41
German to English
+ ...
Does definitely no make economical sense Jun 28, 2002

I agree. It is possible, but not logical. You can buy MS Access and MS PowerPoint separately, but the price is ridiculous.

I would suggest that you buy the complete Office 2002 on e-bay, where you can get brand new Office Pro in the area of $200 to $300.

See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2031496603

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I buy just PowerPoint, or is it necessary to buy the entire Office Suite?

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs