Elena Ghetti
Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:42
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 30, 2005

Hi, I need to translate a Web site interface mentioning many Netscape commands, do you happen to know where I can find localized (Italian) material for Netscape? (sort of "Netscape glossaries") I had a look at their Web site and searched for them in google but was unable to find them.
thanks!

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Don't know if this helps but... Aug 30, 2005

Hi, I just checked my old Netscape (on the laptop) but it's in English too! However, the commands look sooooo similar to those used by IE.
I did notice this site with a beta version. Maybe it's free and you can take a look:

Netscape ha da poco rilasciato la beta pubblica della versione 8 del polare Browser.
www.calshop.biz/netscape_8.html

I also think that Mozi
... See more
Hi, I just checked my old Netscape (on the laptop) but it's in English too! However, the commands look sooooo similar to those used by IE.
I did notice this site with a beta version. Maybe it's free and you can take a look:

Netscape ha da poco rilasciato la beta pubblica della versione 8 del polare Browser.
www.calshop.biz/netscape_8.html

I also think that Mozilla and Netscape use the same terms. If that's the case, I do have that in Italian.
Catherine

UPDATE: Hope that works!!

[Edited at 2005-08-30 20:38]
Collapse

Elena Ghetti
Elena Ghetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
almost like Mozilla Aug 30, 2005

cbolton wrote:

I also think that Mozilla and Netscape use the name terms. If that's the case, I do have that in Italian.
Catherine

many thanks, I downloaded some bilingual material on Mozilla, and I found what I needed but a couple of expressions like for example "Text Zoom" (from the View menu)

By the way, Mozilla glossary can be downloade here:
(address kindly supplied by Robert Zawadzki)

http://www.wsection.com/mozilla/mozilla/l10n/glossaries/it-usgloss4.51.txt

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Netscape glossaries?

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »