Thread poster: Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
BelkisDV
BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
To TService Jul 4, 2002

You are right about watching out for unreliable sources...I quote from your profile \"(I am quite unfamiliar with this kind of jobs\"....this is incorrect, it should read THESE kinds of jobs...also German is spelled with a capital G.

Cheers!

Belkis

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:56
English to Spanish
How is this relevant? Jul 5, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-04 19:31, BelkisDV wrote:

You are right about watching out for unreliable sources...I quote from your profile \"(I am quite unfamiliar with this kind of jobs\"....this is incorrect, it should read THESE kinds of jobs...also German is spelled with a capital G.

Cheers!

Belkis

I don\'t know Tservice ... See more
Quote:

Cheers!

Belkis

I don\'t know Tservice at all, but as far as I can see he doesn\'t claim to translate into English or anything. I may be missing something, but I think this is quite uncalled for.

Andrea ▲ Collapse

Elena Vazquez Fernandez
Elena Vazquez Fernandez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:56
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I... Jul 5, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-05 08:57, AIM wrote:

Quote:

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-05 08:57, AIM wrote:

Quote:

Cheers!

Belkis

I don\'t know Tservice at all, but as far as I can see he doesn\'t claim to translate into English or anything. I may be missing something, but I think this is quite uncalled for.

Andrea

...fully agree with you Andrea. This topic has nothing to do with the proper use of the English language.

E. ▲ Collapse

Maria Eugenia Farre
Maria Eugenia Farre  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Topic closed Jul 5, 2002

This forum will not be used for personal attacks.

The idea here is collaboration among translators, not nittpicking or vituperation.

Maria Eugenia Farre

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free antivirus

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »