Mobile menu

Logovista or Atlas or Pro-Translator (Toshiba) for Japanese translations?
Thread poster: xxxMedia Hodai
xxxMedia Hodai
English to Japanese
Sep 17, 2005

Hello,

My first post here. I did a bit of searching, and found two messages on a topic on my mind, but I would appreciate any further insight.

I live in Japan, and yesterday, I started to search for translation software JJ. From what I've seen, the best choices are:
Logovista X 2005
Atlast 12
And a product by Toshiba, which I think is called "Professional Translator."

Their standard versions go for about 60,000 yen, while the fully loaded (all dictionaries included) sell for 83,000. (Are all those dictionaries really needed?)

I did some searching on Japanese pages for comparisons as well. I used LogoVista years and years ago, so I know it a bit. I see the new version has some connections to TRADOS. Also, it has OCR, and some other nice things. On the otherhand, I heard that the speed of Atlas 12 is very good, and its memory has vastly improved.

I need to make a decision within 48 hours on which program to buy. If possible, could anyone contact me at my address: idevgames@gmail.com (I'll be away and unable to check on this forum, but can have my email forwarded to my mobile.)

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Camacho
Media Hodai

Direct link Reply with quote

Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:42
Member (2011)
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
reviews of Japanese MT software programs/systems Sep 17, 2005

Carlos Camacho / Media Hodai wrote:
My first post here. I did a bit of searching, and found two messages on a topic on my mind, but I would appreciate any further insight.

I live in Japan, and yesterday, I started to search for translation software JJ. From what I've seen, the best choices are:
Logovista X 2005
Atlast 12
And a product by Toshiba, which I think is called "Professional Translator."

Their standard versions go for about 60,000 yen, while the fully loaded (all dictionaries included) sell for 83,000. (Are all those dictionaries really needed?)

I did some searching on Japanese pages for comparisons as well. I used LogoVista years and years ago, so I know it a bit. I see the new version has some connections to TRADOS. Also, it has OCR, and some other nice things. On the otherhand, I heard that the speed of Atlas 12 is very good, and its memory has vastly improved.

I need to make a decision within 48 hours on which program to buy.

Carlos,

A collection of all known reviews of translation software, including many recently found for Japanese machine translation (MT) systems, can be found at the Language Tools Evaluation/Review site:
http://www.geocities.com/langtecheval/

Many practical tips/hints about a range of commercial MT software packages are accessible at:
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/MT-tips.htm

Full list of all Japanese MT systems by going to the www.eamt.org site,
click on Links
click on Asian-Pacific Association for MT
then to go the MT software link

I hope that this is a good starting point for you.

regards,

Jeff

Jeff Allen
http://www.geocities.com/jeffallenpubs/about-jeffallen.htm

xxxMedia Hodai
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Yep, saw that Sep 17, 2005

Yes, I saw an earlier post by you with those helpful links.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Logovista or Atlas or Pro-Translator (Toshiba) for Japanese translations?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs