Mobile menu

Glossaries of Translation and Interpreting Terminology
Thread poster: Pnina
Local time: 08:22
Italian to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 20, 2005

Dear Translators,

While I was sauntering through the web, I have found 2 lovely glossaries that can help translators, interpreters, and buyers of translations become better-informed before making a decision.

This glossary provides an explanation to many of the terms that are used frequently in connection with translation and interpreting. These terms are useful in communication with translators, interpreters, translation agencies, and providers of interpretation equipment.

This is a glossary of terms that are used and misused in the translation and interpretation industry. Under any misused term there are comments on proper usage. There are useful tips as well; for instance "a good glossary will make a good translator better, but it is of little help to a poor translator."

Direct link Reply with quote

Marianela Melleda  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for sharing Oct 20, 2005

Thanks Pnina,
I found these glossaries very useful, because there were some terms widely used in this site which meaning was not clear for me.

Danu  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:22
Member (2006)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
Thanks a lot Oct 21, 2005

I have found them very helpful to my translation career. Keep posting such valuable information.

Angeline PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks Oct 22, 2005

Thanks a lot, you are so nice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossaries of Translation and Interpreting Terminology

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs