Alp Berker
Alp Berker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:26
Turkish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 23, 2005

I have as of yet to find any good translation resources from Uzbek to English in the USA. Can anyone recommend (especially natives) good dictionaires and other resources I can purchase or get from translating from Uzbek to English? Any help would be appreciated.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-10-23 01:36]

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 20:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
Uzbek <=> English References Oct 23, 2005

Greetings.

There are very few Uzbek English bilingual dictionaries or glossaries around (all are hard copy publications, to my knowledge).

Most of those are:

Russian Uzbek, due to years of extensive field research conducted by linguists from Oriental Studies Institutes of the Academy of Sciencesof the former USSR.

If you need assistance with specific terms or expressions,
I can ask friends in the (very few) Uzbek families resettled he
... See more
Greetings.

There are very few Uzbek English bilingual dictionaries or glossaries around (all are hard copy publications, to my knowledge).

Most of those are:

Russian Uzbek, due to years of extensive field research conducted by linguists from Oriental Studies Institutes of the Academy of Sciencesof the former USSR.

If you need assistance with specific terms or expressions,
I can ask friends in the (very few) Uzbek families resettled here in southern Calfornia.

HTH.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
Collapse

Alp Berker
United States
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thanks again Oct 23, 2005

HI Stephen,
The only one I know of is the Nicholas Adwe book from Uzbek->English and English to Uzbek, but this small book isn't enough for heavt duty items, but a as a small reference.
Again, thanks for taking the time to answer. I am hoping someone in the country can actually respond and list some references and where to get them, unless there are no reference books to be found.
regards,
Alp Berker

Otabek Gulyamov (X)
Otabek Gulyamov (X)
Local time: 08:26
English to Russian
+ ...
some dictionaries Feb 16, 2006

Alp Berker wrote:

HI Stephen,
The only one I know of is the Nicholas Adwe book from Uzbek->English and English to Uzbek, but this small book isn't enough for heavt duty items, but a as a small reference.
Again, thanks for taking the time to answer. I am hoping someone in the country can actually respond and list some references and where to get them, unless there are no reference books to be found.
regards,
Alp Berker

Hi. You can check this site:

http://linguists.narod.ru/books/Uzbek-English_Dictionary.zip

http://linguists.narod.ru/english-literature/uzbdoc.zip

Alp Berker
United States
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you Otabek Feb 17, 2006

Thank you very much Otabek, yes the resources will come in handy. Uzbek resources are hard to come by here in the USA.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for: Dictionaries, resources from Uzbek to English

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »