Mobile menu

Looking for: An article on Endicott Report, 1992
Thread poster: fareedeh ghassemi
fareedeh ghassemi
Local time: 23:02
English to Farsi (Persian)
Nov 1, 2005

Please help me find an article via internet about the following topic:
According to a recent survey of major business recruiters, the big deficiencies in today's college graduates were the lack of good communication and writing skills (Endicott Report, 1992).
I need to know who conducted this survey and what does mean "major business recruiters" in this survey?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-11-01 12:45]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try Google Nov 2, 2005

Results 1 - 10 of about 155 for "Endicott Report".

Your questions may well be answered there.

fareedeh ghassemi
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 2, 2005

I have already performed a search by Google and yahoo, but I couldn't find enough information to answer my questions.

fareedeh ghassemi
TOPIC STARTER
Useful information Nov 13, 2005

1- Dr. Frank Endicott has done a report on college recruiting and within the report is something that will aid you.Source: The Endicott Report, 1977-78; copyright, Northwestern University
2 - Victor R. Lindquist, Director of Placement at prestigious Northwestern University and author of The Endicott Report on employment prospects for college graduates. He contends that employers who place too much emphasis on grades overlook many qualified applicants when they hire young people for entry-level positions. (Did it ever occur to you that 50% of all doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class?) Lindquist feels that astute recruiters consider extracurricular activities,
"...especially those involving leadership... Grades don't measure motivation, they don't measure discipline. They don't measure skills and interaction."
Source: Northwestern University Lindquist-Endicott Report, 1990

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for: An article on Endicott Report, 1992

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs