Looking for resources for comic translation
Thread poster: Scaro
Scaro
Scaro
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 20, 2006

Hi everybody!
I'm searching any dictionary, glossary or reference book for translating comics (specially japanese). Do you recommend me any in special?

Thanks a lot.

Sandra

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-01-20 13:26]

Stefania DP
Stefania DP  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:53
Japanese to Italian
Sound effect list Jan 20, 2006

Hi!
Do you mean you need to translate Japanese comics into English or any other language?
I am doing that jap>it and it's not so easy to find useful resources.
One of the main problem in translating comics is "sound effects". There are tons of them in Japanese and their meaning is often far from what we could imagine by reading them.
I find this list rather useful, although
... See more
Hi!
Do you mean you need to translate Japanese comics into English or any other language?
I am doing that jap>it and it's not so easy to find useful resources.
One of the main problem in translating comics is "sound effects". There are tons of them in Japanese and their meaning is often far from what we could imagine by reading them.
I find this list rather useful, although it cannot be called complete.
http://www.oop-ack.com/manga/soundfx.html
Hope it can help!
Collapse

Scaro
Scaro
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jap> Sp Jan 21, 2006

I need to translate Japanese into Spanish, but anything you recommend me could be useful ^^

Thank you for this webpage!

rubya
rubya
English
Jap> Eng Aug 28, 2007

i'v been seaching for any thing that could help me translate japanese language into the english language. do u have anything u can recommend for me.

thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for resources for comic translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »