Mobile menu

Encyclopedia of birds, mammals and amphibians of Latin America (English, Spanish and Portugese)
Thread poster: Balaban Cerit

Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:11
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 12, 2006

Dear Translators,

This site could be helpful for translators working in related fields:

Searchable online encyclopedia of birds, mammals and amphibians of Latin America. The site can be viewed in English, Spanish and Portuguese.

This is a conservation and educational resource on the birds, mammals and amphibians of Latin America and the Caribbean. You can search information on more than 8,500 common, rare and endangered species. Key data includes IUCN Red List status, range maps and threats.

A "Species Quick Search" can be performed or a or search can be conducted by Name, Location, Taxonomy, or Conservation Status.

This site is a companion site of NatureServe Explorer (searchable online encyclopedia of plants, animals, and ecosystems of the US and Canada - in English):

[Edited at 2006-02-12 14:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

tortuga langua
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:11
German to Czech
+ ...
Thank you Feb 12, 2006

Nice links!

Gloria Carranza  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Will be very useful - thanks! Feb 12, 2006

Thank you Balaban for taking the time to share this lovely Website with fellow translators. I have bookmarked the site already in my Favorites and will no doubt find it very helpful in my work as a Spanish-English-Spanish translator. I hope you are having a great weekend. Regards...

perry  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:11
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you Feb 13, 2006

Very useful indeed, thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Encyclopedia of birds, mammals and amphibians of Latin America (English, Spanish and Portugese)

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs