Thread poster: Tegan Raleigh

Tegan Raleigh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:58
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2006

I am on a desperate quest for an online French spellchecker, because my MS Word French dictionary isn't working. Does anybody know of any?

To check English online, I've found spellcheck.net works very well. Also, if you paste your text into the body of a yahoo message, you can spellcheck it. I haven't figured out if that works for French, too.

Au secours!

Direct link Reply with quote

Erich Friese  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:58
Member (2006)
German to English
French spell checker Mar 8, 2006

....unless I am mistaken MS OFFICE Proofing Tools 2003 includes spellchecker for French ....and a whole host of other languages....e.g. the German works rather well.

Good Luck

Tegan Raleigh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:58
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Le Patron Mar 8, 2006

Ah, found one that works a little like "Le Correcteur" software in that it also checks your grammar for you:

http://lepatron.tapor.ualberta.ca/

I think when I installed MS Office, I somehow annihilated the dictionaries... not sure how I did that one... but I obviously need to re-install it!

Gita Madhu
Local time: 16:58
French to English
In the same boat Mar 8, 2006

Tegan Raleigh wrote:

Ah, found one that works a little like "Le Correcteur" software in that it also checks your grammar for you:

http://lepatron.tapor.ualberta.ca/

I think when I installed MS Office, I somehow annihilated the dictionaries... not sure how I did that one... but I obviously need to re-install it!

Hi,
I have the same problem -I need to get the Office XP CD in order to install the stuff. My lap top is a hand me down from a succession of relatives so...

BTW, on http://lepatron.tapor.ualberta.ca/ it says "Veuillez noter que tout texte envoyé au logiciel "Patron" peut être enregistré et utilisé pour améliorer l'outil ou à des fins de recherche."
This makes it rather dicey for use as translations are confidential, n'est-ce pas?
Regards,
Gita

verastra
Local time: 10:58
French to Italian
+ ...
could be useful Mar 8, 2006

thanks for the hint....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online Spellcheckers

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs