Info needed: Literature on translation of interviews
Thread poster: Annika F
Annika F
Local time: 22:53
English to German
+ ...
Apr 7, 2006

Hi,

Does any of you know where I could find information on how to translate interviews? I'm a second-year student of translation studies writing a paper on this topic and I'd be grateful for any literature hint.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Annika

Direct link Reply with quote

Trevor Butcher
English
Don't know about the tranaslation part, but... Apr 8, 2006

Hi Annika,

I am not a translator and have no hints for literature on that part, but have you done a literature search on the interactions that form the interview for, say English and German?

In this way, you might bring literature from interpreting and literature from personal interactions together and hence support your arguments from those viewpoints.

Of course, you have probably done that already

Trevor

Annika F
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you... Apr 8, 2006

very much for giving your thoughts on this, Trevor!

I have found indeed a few sources on the text type interview, so at worst I could leave it at that.

In view of the fact that interviews are only a small part of translation studies, maybe there isn't any specific literature anyway...

But still thanks for any hint!:-)

Kind regards,
Annika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Info needed: Literature on translation of interviews

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs