Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Announcing Wikiwords.org! A project to create a dictionary of all terms in all languages.
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:33
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Balasubramaniam Apr 21, 2006

Balasubramaniam wrote:

I uploaded a largish math glossary (English to Hindi), but the Hindi terms are all appearing as junk. It seems Wikiwords does not yet support Unicode. Juggling with the browser encoding did not resolve the problem either.

Hope that this will soon be corrected.

Yes, this and an authentication problem are the major issues to address today. Thanks.

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 14:33
Spanish to English
+ ...
Please move this forum Apr 21, 2006

I fail to understand why this formum is here on Proz.com, when it is concerned primarily with Wikiwords.org - where there is a set of WikiWords-specific forums discussing exactly the same topics as are found here.

I suggest transfering this forum to WikiWords.org, where it belongs; apart from anything else, that will avoid those of us who are trying to contribute in some way to the WikiWords project having to monitor and contribute to the debate on two separate websites.
... See more
I fail to understand why this formum is here on Proz.com, when it is concerned primarily with Wikiwords.org - where there is a set of WikiWords-specific forums discussing exactly the same topics as are found here.

I suggest transfering this forum to WikiWords.org, where it belongs; apart from anything else, that will avoid those of us who are trying to contribute in some way to the WikiWords project having to monitor and contribute to the debate on two separate websites.

Thank you in advance,
MediaMatrix
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Good suggestion, MediaMetrix Apr 21, 2006

Good point, it would indeed be best that further discussion be carried on over at Wikiwords.org.

One thing for right now, though: there is a login problem over at Wikiwords.org that Colin has not quite resolved yet. So in the meantime, don't hesitate to make further posts here.

Sabine Wanner
Sabine Wanner
Germany
Local time: 18:33
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Wiktionary or WiktionaryZ (Ultimate Wiktionary) Apr 21, 2006

Roman Bulkiewicz wrote:

Henry, could you define how are the concept and purpose of Wikiwords different from those of Wiktionary?

Well, the right question here maybe should have been: the difference between Wikiwords and WiktionaryZ - Wiktionary is one thing and WiktionaryZ is a completely different one (just to recall: WiktionaryZ was presented under its work name Ultimate Wiktionary on the ProZ conference in Cracow in November). The name WiktionaryZ came up in January 2006 for a very specific purpose.

Best, Sabine

Sabine Cretella
Translations IT-DE, EN-DE
Evangelist for WiktionaryZ
[email protected]
blog: http://sabinecretella.blogspot.com/

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Perhaps because entries have not yet been made Apr 21, 2006

May L. wrote:

It was exciting to see how it looked. Unfortunately, I could not find one for Thai language. Just wonder why.

Hi May,

Did you try making an entry? Yours might be the first...

Henry

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing Wikiwords.org! A project to create a dictionary of all terms in all languages.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »