Mobile menu

Looking for foreign language bookshops in NW UK
Thread poster: Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 04:20
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

Hi, does anyone know of any decent foreign language bookshops in the northwest of Britain?

I'm looking for a couple of Nordic language dictionaries and prefer to browse rather than buy online so I can get a good idea of how useful they will be (especially considering the cost of some!).

Unfortunately most seem to be located in the south; Brighton, London etc., and although I'm a fan of Grant and Cutlers it's a bit of a trek from Manchester.

Many thanks,

Lizzy Sumner

Direct link Reply with quote
Pat Jenner
Local time: 04:20
German to English
+ ...
Try the universities Apr 25, 2006

I don't have anything specific to suggest, as I am fortunate enough to live within easy reach of Grant & Cutler, but your local university modern languages department might have some ideas.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for foreign language bookshops in NW UK

Advanced search

Translation news

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs