Mobile menu

Free HTML Translator Software
Thread poster: The_eHive

The_eHive  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:42
German to English
+ ...
May 9, 2006

The eHive has been given special permission to distribute Ace Software's Html Translator Software to freelancers.
This software is for translators who do not necessarily want to use TagEditor and would like to view the layout of the html page they are working on.

goto :
http://www.theehive.com/software.html

and fill out the form for your free copy.
Simon Varley
Director eHive US.

Direct link Reply with quote

Bruon
Local time: 10:42
English to French
+ ...
does not work May 12, 2006

and sounds like spam.

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Definitely not spam, what seems to be the problem? May 12, 2006

The HTML translator software is freeware created by Ace Software. They were going to stop distributing it so the eHive requested permission from them to distribute it free to freelance translators whom might find it useful.

We have sent out nearly 100 copies since this post went out so I assure you it works. However you have to be patient with us processing your request and we have had issues with certain email servers like Gmail accepting the attachment. Please try again if you fail to get an answer.

Simon
Director eHIVE US

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The download link is a circle jerk May 13, 2006

Perhaps what Bruon means is that the download link on the web site doesn't work. Although I did receive the program via e-mail (not really my preferred method of downloading software), I also initially thought that something was wrong with your web site because after filling in the e-mail address, the web site returns me to the same page over and over.

Also, keep in mind that if someone malicious were to enter the e-mail address of someone else, you would end up sending an e-mail of close to a megabyte to someone who didn't want it in the first place.

The_eHive wrote:
However you have to be patient with us processing your request and we have had issues with certain email servers like Gmail accepting the attachment.

Well, yes, I have found that Gmail can read inside the zip file and see that it is an executable file. Perhaps you should consider not e-mailing it but allowing people to download it from the web (you can e-mail them the location).

Bruon, I have tried the program and it can definitely be useful (but you have to test it a few times to learn its quirks). Since eHive isn't the developer, I suspect they won't be able to do any bugfixes or deal with feature requests, but the program certainly seems useful within certain limits (and I'm gonna keep it, just in case I need it one day).

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The eHive was doing this out of professional courtesey and at no profit or gain. May 13, 2006

First of all, it isnt spam, how could it be? we wouldnt need to get ProZ pro membership and get some software in order to obtain translators email addresses that are readily available all over the net. Also is it that bad for a freelance translator to have his/her email address with an agency? Surely you send out your email to agencies so why is this different?

With respect to the emailed attachment:
We did originally send out the link, however it caused our site to go down for quite some time as I believe someone was reposting the link all over the web which isnt what was intended. Therefore we had to send the attachments.

[Edited at 2006-05-15 16:04]

Emmanuelle Baeumler
Spanish to French
+ ...
then? May 23, 2006

Somebody has downloaded the software? Is it OK?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free HTML Translator Software

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs