Search-22: Reference search engines
Thread poster: Evert DELOOF-SYS

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 21:07
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 22, 2002

In days gone by, when I was stumped for the meaning of a word, I\'d reach for a big fat dictionary and page through it to find a definition.

Now, there are -thanks a.o. to Maria Farre and Proz (GlossPost) and many many others, plenty of great dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, and the like on the Web, and I can find what I need in seconds.

Now I can even take my pick at Search-22: Reference Search Engines at

www.search-22.com/reference.html

of which reference site to use.

Search-22 has 22 sites listed on its home page, and when you type in a keyword you can choose which one you want to search.

Search-22 also has pages with search engines for other topics, including health, shopping, kids teens, and more.

For dictionaries and thesauri, Search-22 listed OneLook, Lookwayup, yourDictionary, Free Dictionary, Ultralingua, WordNet, TechWeb and Thesaurus.com.

These sites are only one click away.

Try it, you may like it.

http://www.search-22.com/reference.html

[addsig]

Direct link Reply with quote

tonnie
Canada
Local time: 15:07
French to Dutch
+ ...
thanks Evert.. Aug 24, 2002

Inderdaad een geweldige site... bedankt! ;o)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search-22: Reference search engines

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs