Mobile menu

Need Chinese OCR software
Thread poster: beirenbo
beirenbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:38
May 11, 2006

I need OCR software that can:
1) Scan a Chinese document and then convert to Word/HTML format with the characters in Unicode.
2) Convert a PDF document to Word/HTML format (also Unicode).

I am aware of I.R.I.S. and Penpower. Is there anything else out there cheaper that could perform these same tasks and maybe offer a free trial version? I'm looking for something less than 100 USD. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Direct link Reply with quote

Chandrasekaran Rangaraj
Local time: 20:08
English to Japanese
+ ...
Chinese OCR May 13, 2006

You can try Microsoft office proofing tools 2003. It supports nearly 50 languages including Japanese, Chinese etc. This software requires Microsoft office 2003 and once you install this software, it adds the OCR capability for "Microsoft office document scanning". By default this will scan english language.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need Chinese OCR software

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs