Need Chinese OCR software
Thread poster: beirenbo
beirenbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
May 11, 2006

I need OCR software that can:
1) Scan a Chinese document and then convert to Word/HTML format with the characters in Unicode.
2) Convert a PDF document to Word/HTML format (also Unicode).

I am aware of I.R.I.S. and Penpower. Is there anything else out there cheaper that could perform these same tasks and maybe offer a free trial version? I'm looking for something less than 100 USD. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Aaron

我需要什么OCR软体就可以:
1)扫描中文的文件,然后变成到Word/HTML形式而且Unicode的字。
2)把PDF模式的文件变成到Word/HTML模式(也是Unicode的字)。

我已经知道I.R.I.S.和Penpower。谁知道有没有更便宜的软体就可以执行以上的工作,并且有免费试用的版本?我在找100美元以下的。谢谢你们。

贝仁伯

(*对不起,很不好意思我烂的语法。我特色是翻中文到英文,而不是英文到中文。)

Direct link Reply with quote

Chandrasekaran Rangaraj
Local time: 16:21
English to Japanese
+ ...
Chinese OCR May 13, 2006

You can try Microsoft office proofing tools 2003. It supports nearly 50 languages including Japanese, Chinese etc. This software requires Microsoft office 2003 and once you install this software, it adds the OCR capability for "Microsoft office document scanning". By default this will scan english language.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need Chinese OCR software

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs