Thread poster: Herminia Herrándiz Espuny

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 15, 2006

Hello everyone!

An agency has asked me to complete a videogames translation test using the "official" terminology for each platform...

I have found the glossary for PS2 but I've been unable to find the ones for Xbox and Gamecube, does anyone know where could I find them?

Thank you very much!

Kira

Direct link Reply with quote

Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:55
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Ask the agency May 15, 2006

I think the agency should provide you with the needed glossaries, so if I were you, I would ask them.

María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 15:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Product websites are usually the best resource May 15, 2006

Hola

XBox is a Microsoft product, so I assume that XBox terminology is included in the Microsoft glossaries. I think they're not available online anymore, but there have been several threads here in the past about them. If you search the fora for "Microsoft glossaries", you may find some info on them.

Optionally, here's Xbox's official website: http://www.xbox.com/

GameCube is a Nintendo product. Maybe you could search Nintendo's website http://www.nintendo.com/systemsgcn to check if they have glossaries available, like Microsoft?

Hope that helps

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 15, 2006

Thank you very much for your suggestions ^_^

Cordula Abston  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
Careful with resources on the web May 15, 2006

Hello lady,

since I work in the industry, I would suggest you have the agency deal with the client and have them provide all terminology. These terms and phrases are often updated and it is sensitive material because if only one of them is wrong, the video game company might fail their software submission and that will delay shipment of the end product.

I suggest you tell them you'll do your best but I would have them sign a waiver that you cannot be held liable (just to be on the safe side).

Good luck,
Cordula

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Cordula May 16, 2006

Thank you very much Cordula, I contacted the agency and they told me that they couldn't provide me with the glossaries because it was only a test and that would violate their "confidenciality agreement" with their clients.

However I was lucky and another agency agreed to send me the glossaries without any problem

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Xbox and Gamecube terminology

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs