WEEE Directive - C. European languages
Thread poster: Daniel Bird

Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:52
German to English
May 18, 2006

Hello all
I am looking for a resource that might contain or link to standard texts in Polish, Czech and Hungarian for marking or accompanying electrical goods that are subject to the CE directive on Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment.
Any suggestions most welcome - not trying to circumvent the translators as there is a pukka commercial project associated with this that will go out for a bid shortly. I just want to establish whether "standardised" instruction texts exist for these territories so as not to reinvent something that's already out there in the public domain.
Thanks all
Dan Bird

[Edited at 2006-05-18 16:27]

Direct link Reply with quote

Iza Szczypka  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:52
English to Polish
+ ...
Polish May 18, 2006

In Polish it is commonly referred to as "Dyrektywa WEEE", so you might just google it. Or google for WEEE and set your language preferences to Polish. I found plenty of references when translating a related text some time ago.

Korina Hansel  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:52
English to German
WEEE Directive May 19, 2006

Usually, the official EU website contains all documents available. Unfortunately, I could only find the WEEE directive in English and German (and it has probably been translated in other languages which I did not check). However, the original document does not seem to be available in the languages you are interested in.

But I can give you the links to those sites. There you have links to other documents about the directive. Maybe you can start your terminology research there. Good luck!

The Hungarian link is:

http://europa.eu.int/prelex/detail_dossier_real.cfm?CL=hu&DosId=158020

For other languages choose the language selection option (top right).

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
EEA glossary May 19, 2006

Daniel Bird wrote:

Hello all
I am looking for a resource that might contain or link to standard texts in Polish, Czech and Hungarian for marking or accompanying electrical goods that are subject to the CE directive on Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment.
Dan Bird

This probably isn't specific enough for you, but in case you don't already know about it, and for others who don't, there is a multilingual on-line glossary of the EEA (European Environment Agency) here:

http://glossary.eea.europa.eu/EEAGlossary

It covers a much wider field than the WEEE directive and has translations (at least of some terms) in Polish, Czech and Hungarian. Example: translations of "waste disposal" in 22 languages here:

http://glossary.eea.europa.eu/EEAGlossary/W/waste_disposal

Oliver

[Edited at 2006-05-19 11:13]

María Leonor Acevedo-Miranda  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you Oliver!!! May 19, 2006

Good point, Oliver ;p

This probably isn't specific enough for you, but in case you don't already know about it, and for others who don't, there is a multilingual on-line glossary of the EEA (European Environment Agency) here:

http://glossary.eea.europa.eu/EEAGlossary

Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone... May 19, 2006

...this has all been a terrific help. You might say, ProZ at its best.
Have a peaceful weekend and I hope your team wins. Or if you must work, I hope it's profitable...
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WEEE Directive - C. European languages

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs