Need gold-standard Automotive dictionary Fr>En
Thread poster: Jennifer Gal

Jennifer Gal  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:08
Hungarian to English
+ ...
May 23, 2006

What do you automotive Prozians consider the gold standard automotive Fr>En (or Fr>En/En>Fr) dictionary? I think I'd like to buy a physical dictionary, albeit expensive. Or, an on-line subscription if it truly is the closest thing to a one-stop shop. I can usually find what I need, but I have to cycle through five or six on-line glossaries, which is tiring. I'd rather have one excellent one, and use those others as backup.

I saw references to several different dics. when I searched the articles and forums, but couldn't distill a "top of the line" from it all. Thanks very much! Jennifer Gal

[Edited at 2006-05-23 17:31]

Direct link Reply with quote
Daniel Ollivier
Local time: 07:08
English to French
Fr>En and En>Fr automotive dictionary May 23, 2006

I would suggest "Le Grand Dictionnaire Terminologique" at the following address:

It's a good technical dictionary and it's free.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need gold-standard Automotive dictionary Fr>En

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs