Mobile menu

Word (Office) 2007 beta
Thread poster: Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:45
French to English
May 26, 2006

I've been "test driving", oh all right fooling around with, Microsoft's upcoming suite (available for download from Microsoft). Of possible interest to us translators is a new feature called Translation Tool Tip. I think it's rather neat but the trouble is I can only get it to work intermittently and (seemingly) at random. The idea is that simply be hovering the cursor over the source word a bubble comes up with a dictionary entry. Has anyone experienced this problem? It's driving me mad!

Direct link Reply with quote

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
Tried it May 26, 2006

For me, it worked just fine. It drove me crazy, though, so I ended up uninstalling it. It was so annoying, because it would be in the way when I wanted other text boxes to show when hovering over text on the internet. Besides, I didn't find it very useful.

xxxsarahl
Local time: 04:45
English to French
+ ...
How about the rest of it? May 26, 2006

Is word 2007 any better than word 2003?

Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:45
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Difficult to say May 27, 2006

Sarah! The new interface takes a bit of getting used to, that's for sure. I'll really need to go into it in greater detail. My first impression is that most of the improvements are aimed more at people having to create, revise and share documents than at people like us who are basically editing, i.e. overwriting documents. But I could be wrong.

Nina: so it looks like the Translation Tool Tip drives you made whether or not it works! I wish I could get it to work regularly though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word (Office) 2007 beta

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs