Normes DIN en langue française
Thread poster: Christine Cooreman

Christine Cooreman  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:25
Greek to French
+ ...
May 31, 2006

Je suis désespérément à la recherche d'un site où il serait possible de retrouver la traduction française des normes DIN (que j'ai en langue anglaise, que je retrouve en allemand sur Internet, mais pas moyen de tomber dessus en français ! Je travaille sur un projet concernant les chemins de fer et l'interoperabilité (Union européenne) et j'ai une ribambelle de normes DIN à affornter...

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 19:25
German
+ ...
DIN norms are published by Beuth-Verlag May 31, 2006

Although I don't fully understand what you wrote (please note that the board language for all general sections here is English), you seem to be looking for official translations of DIN norms. As all DIN norms are copyrighted works maintained by the German publishing house "Beuth", this is the definitive address to look for (and buy) those translations:

http://www.beuth.de/cmd?workflowname=beuthFbSearch&search_icsgroup=&ics=&search_customsearch=BVFR010&search_itemtyp=DOK&level=tpl-fachgebiet&cmsrubid=26777&SEARCHACCESSKEY=beuth_fb&menuid=26750&languageid=de

You may also try:
http://www.beuth.de/beuth/owa/bwr_recherche.maske?p_kontakt_ext=2006136575971147320060531121729&p_sprache=en&p_kontext=din1&p_nn=

Unfortunately, not all DIN norms are available in translated form (especially in French).

HTH,
Benjamin

Pat Jenner
Local time: 18:25
German to English
+ ...
Try the European Standards website (www.cenorm.be) May 31, 2006

Many national standards are also European standards (if you have the reference numbers of the standards, this will be shown by the prefix, if it's just DIN and then the number it is a purely German standard, whereas if it's DIN EN and then the number, it is also a European standard). French is one of the CEN official languages, so you should at least be able to find the title in French. You could also try the French standarisation organisation (AFNOR).

Greece
Greek to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for asking my question in French! May 31, 2006

In fact this translation project has caused me so much stress that I did not notice I had to ask my question in english. Anyway, dear Benjamin, you understood what I wanted! Of course, my first reaction was to check the DIN website as well as the publisher, and I asked my question when I realized that none of the DIN standards I was looking for was given in French... Anyway, now I will ask the Greek Railway Company (who wrote this wonderful text...) as well as the European Commission to tell me where I can find these norms in French (I only need the title, of course... I have no intention to create my own railway company and read the full text of all these incredible standards..!) Thank you anyway for your quick reply! Have a very nice day!

[Edited at 2006-05-31 10:47]

Greece
Greek to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
About the European standards website May 31, 2006

Dear Pat, thank you for your reply. As I said previously, I have cheked every possible website of standard organisation before asking my question... They are making it as difficult as possible to get information (they are usually selling the texts, so...) Nevertheless, the Afnor website was kind enough to give the title and subtitle of French and European standards, in French language, which was what I needed. I just got the answer from the European Commission that I will have to translate the DIN standards because there is no official translation in French... As far as the CENORM site is concerned, you must already be an engineer to get anything out of it... Anyway, now I've got my instructions from 'above' and I will proceed...Thank you again!

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 19:25
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
They are making it as difficult as possible to get information (they are usually selling the texts) Jun 1, 2006

La meme triste experience ici...

smo

Greece
Greek to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Réponse à Vito Jun 1, 2006

AU moins, c'est bon de savoir qu'on n'est pas seul...:)

[Edited at 2006-06-01 12:01]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Normes DIN en langue française

Advanced search

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs