Mobile menu version 2
Thread poster: Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
French to English
Jun 1, 2006

A potentially very useful improvement. Just alt-click on any word in any application and a bubble comes up with useful information.
Download from:

Many thanks to Julio Juncal

Direct link Reply with quote

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:08
English to French
+ ...
Hey Barnaby Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for letting us know. It seems to be something very useful.

Now, if only I could get some info on whether there are any side-effects... I installed the Google toolbar some time ago, and my computer went nuts. I uninstalled it pretty soon after. With such add-ons, there is always a danger that your data leaks to the Internet, that the tiny little thing takes control of your computer, and the like. Do you know if it's a safe download?

Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
French to English
I honestly don't know Jun 1, 2006

Viktoria. I personally haven't had any trouble with (yet) or the Google toolbar. My navigator is Firefox incidentally. On the other hand I find that I don't use the toolbar options all that much apart from the window itself (with its very useful "suggest" feature) and the autofill option.
Have you got Google Desktop Search? If not, it's worth downloading it if only for the extraordinarily useful Quick Search Bar.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request » version 2

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs