Answers.com version 2
Thread poster: Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:40
French to English
Jun 1, 2006

A potentially very useful improvement. Just alt-click on any word in any application and a bubble comes up with useful information.
Download from: www.answers.com

Many thanks to Julio Juncal

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:40
English to French
+ ...
Hey Barnaby Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for letting us know. It seems to be something very useful.

Now, if only I could get some info on whether there are any side-effects... I installed the Google toolbar some time ago, and my computer went nuts. I uninstalled it pretty soon after. With such add-ons, there is always a danger that your data leaks to the Internet, that the tiny little thing takes control of your computer, and the like. Do you know if it's a safe download?

Thanks!

Viktoria

Barnaby Capel-Dunn
Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:40
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I honestly don't know Jun 1, 2006

Viktoria. I personally haven't had any trouble with Answers.com (yet) or the Google toolbar. My navigator is Firefox incidentally. On the other hand I find that I don't use the toolbar options all that much apart from the window itself (with its very useful "suggest" feature) and the autofill option.
Have you got Google Desktop Search? If not, it's worth downloading it if only for the extraordinarily useful Quick Search Bar.

Best

Barnaby

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Answers.com version 2

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »