Mobile menu

Database glossary English -> German for Trados Multiterm
Thread poster: xxxroboter1
English to German
Jun 13, 2006

Does anybody know how to get hold of a standard database-glossary English -> German?

I's thinking of buying and using Trados Freelance with Multiterm.
Now, I had a look at the Multiterm-install hints online ... and it said: one needs termbases, else you'd start with a blank one.

Now I'm wondering: where do I find a standard glossary for Multiterm (or something to convert into right format)? Will it cause extra costs to the bucks I have to pay for the Trados software?

"Help! I need somebody.
Help! Not just anyboby."
Maybe somebody who's already working with the Trados products?!)

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 04:09
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
It is a hard day's night.... Jun 14, 2006

MultiTerm gives you the possibility to have your own on-line dictionaries. You have to create them yourself however.
Word by word. Or CDROM by CDROM - the latter not that easy or close to impossible.

PS: re "somebody who's already working with TRADOS products": I have 3 GB of termbases - time to weed them actually... - none of them obtained for free. If there IS something like a free lunch or Termbase, I still have to hear about it. Not that I have not spread out my feelers...

[Edited at 2006-06-14 05:06]

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:09
French to English
+ ...
creating them yourself Jun 14, 2006

Creating such termbases yourself isn't that difficult - if you have your own glossary, having done work in that field, then it's not hard to get them into a format that Multiterm recognises (separating entries with tabs, commas or the like). Similarly, if you find any glossaries online it's not too hard to put them into the right format and import. I'd recommend getting some TRADOS/Multiterm training, as that's a quicker way of learning the techniques than ploughing through the manuals.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Database glossary English -> German for Trados Multiterm

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs