Looking for a glossary of marine life
Thread poster: Anayansi

Anayansi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2002

Agradecería si alguien pudiera indicarme algún site o buen texto donde encontrar definiciones EN-ES de especies marinas, no tiene que ser muy muy técnico. Me interesa sobre todo definiciones de peces (pesca deportiva y buceo).

Tengo el certificado Open Water Diver de PADI y soy miembro de la Asoc. Oceánica de Panamá, para quienes estoy traduciendo algunos manuales.

Saludos,

Anayansi

Direct link Reply with quote

Carla Zwanenberg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:14
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Fishbase Sep 6, 2002

Unfortunately I speak little Spanish (maybe you mistook this for the Spanish forum?) but if I understand it right, you are looking for an EN-ES fish species glossary. Fishbase at http://filaman.uni-kiel.de/search.cfm contains practically all fish species known to science and allows you to look up common names in all European languages.

Cheers,

Carla

Anayansi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grazie Carla! Sep 6, 2002

You may not know Spanish as you say but understood my query correctly, thanks a bunch, I\'ll look up into the site you mention!

PS: I posted my topic in \'Translator resources\' in Spanish \'cause that\'s my mother tongue, maybe a \'Recursos del Traductor\' should be created?

Just another idea for the forum!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a glossary of marine life

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs