ISBN: 3-9805824-8-5
Verlag/Hersteller: IZ IMMOBILIENZEITUNG
Herstellungsland: Deutschland
Jahr: 4.Oktober 2005
Ausgabe: 2., überarbeitete Auflage
Seitenanzahl: 736
Bindung: Gebundene Ausgabe
Umfang/Format: 736 Seiten, Illustrationen, graphische Darstellungen, 20 cm

Do you already work with this dictionary? If so, what do you think of it? I do quite a lot of translating in this field, but have not yet seen a copy of it to have a look at.
Any input is welcome!

Direct link Reply with quote

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:01
German to English
Excellent dictionary Jun 24, 2006

andyrennie wrote: Do you already work with this dictionary? If so, what do you think of it? I do quite a lot of translating in this field, but have not yet seen a copy of it to have a look at.
Any input is welcome!

A first-rate dictionary. In fact, one of the few De-En dictionaries in any subject area that deserves that description. It's also excellent value for money, and you can buy it quite happily sight unseen - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

There are a couple of small niggles (there always are...), for example an insufficient distinction between AE and BE usage, a lack of Austrian and Swiss terms, and some of the real estate finance terminology needs revising. But these are pretty minor on the scale of things, and I understand that this is the sort of issue that will probably be addressed in the next edition.

One of the contributing editors is a ProZ member, BTW.

Robin

[Edited at 2006-06-24 13:07]

Andrew Rennison
Local time: 07:01
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Latest version? Jun 26, 2006

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the great answer, very comprehensive. One thing I have noticed is that it's hard to come across on the Internet, leading me to wonder how old the dictionary is and when it is due to be replaced by the next edition. I didn't find anything on the IZ Immobilienzeitung website........

Regards,

Andrew.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wörterbuch Immobilienwirtschaft.

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs