ISBN: 3-9805824-8-5
Verlag/Hersteller: IZ IMMOBILIENZEITUNG
Herstellungsland: Deutschland
Jahr: 4.Oktober 2005
Ausgabe: 2., überarbeitete Auflage
Seitenanzahl: 736
Bindung: Gebundene Ausgabe
Umfang/Format: 736 Seiten, Illustrationen, graphische Darstellungen, 20 cm

Do you already work with this dictionary? If so, what do you think of it? I do quite a lot of translating in this field, but have not yet seen a copy of it
... See more
Produktart: Buch
ISBN: 3-9805824-8-5
Verlag/Hersteller: IZ IMMOBILIENZEITUNG
Herstellungsland: Deutschland
Jahr: 4.Oktober 2005
Ausgabe: 2., überarbeitete Auflage
Seitenanzahl: 736
Bindung: Gebundene Ausgabe
Umfang/Format: 736 Seiten, Illustrationen, graphische Darstellungen, 20 cm

Do you already work with this dictionary? If so, what do you think of it? I do quite a lot of translating in this field, but have not yet seen a copy of it to have a look at.
Any input is welcome!
Collapse

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:38
German to English
Excellent dictionary Jun 24, 2006

andyrennie wrote: Do you already work with this dictionary? If so, what do you think of it? I do quite a lot of translating in this field, but have not yet seen a copy of it to have a look at.
Any input is welcome!

A first-rate dictionary. In fact, one of the few De-En dictionaries in any subject area that deserves that description. It's also excellent value for money, and you can buy it quite happily sight unseen - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

There are a couple of small niggles (there always are...), for example an insufficient distinction between AE and BE usage, a lack of Austrian and Swiss terms, and some of the real estate finance terminology needs revising. But these are pretty minor on the scale of things, and I understand that this is the sort of issue that will probably be addressed in the next edition.

One of the contributing editors is a ProZ member, BTW.

Robin

[Edited at 2006-06-24 13:07]

Andrew Rennison
Andrew Rennison
Local time: 12:38
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Latest version? Jun 26, 2006

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the great answer, very comprehensive. One thing I have noticed is that it's hard to come across on the Internet, leading me to wonder how old the dictionary is and when it is due to be replaced by the next edition. I didn't find anything on the IZ Immobilienzeitung website........

Regards,

Andrew.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wörterbuch Immobilienwirtschaft.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »