Computer/ Internet Dictionaries FR,PT > EN
Thread poster: Gwynneth George

Gwynneth George  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:30
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2006

I would like some recommendations on good hard copy computer/ internet dictionaries/glossaries for both French and Portuguese to English. Thanks for any advice

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-07-11 18:10]

Direct link Reply with quote
Courtney McConnel  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:30
French to English
+ ...
harrap's bilingual software dictionary Jul 12, 2006

I bought this in March. I used to work with a regular hard-copy dictionary, and this one has been great. It goes much faster, and the terms, especially expressions, are far easier to find. I p lan to buy the Robert & Collins one as well (about 60 euros, I believe) as it will skip straight to the expression you're looking for. (I tested them both out at the Salon du livre here in Paris.)
Another favorite of mine is the Council of Law dictionary for law (don't know if it's online or on software though) and online, my all-time fave is eurodicautom, which I'm sure you know is the database for the European Commission (or some big institution like that).
: )
Best of luck!
Courtney aka Ecstasy

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Computer/ Internet Dictionaries FR,PT > EN

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs