Mobile menu

Does anyone know of resource for Chinese names/historical figures
Thread poster: Ben Dooley

Ben Dooley
Local time: 05:58
Japanese to English
Aug 12, 2006

Does anyone know a resource that has both transliterations and the chinese characters for the names of historical figures? A dictionary would also be great.

Thanks!

Ben

Direct link Reply with quote

chica nueva
Local time: 23:58
Chinese to English
I don't off hand, but... Aug 13, 2006

Ben wrote:

Does anyone know a resource that has both transliterations and the chinese characters for the names of historical figures? A dictionary would also be great.

Thanks!

Ben

Hi Ben
Just wondering what kind of historical figures? Chinese, Japanese, Western... what period, what type of history? How about trying a university library? I guess you are looking for an on-line resource though?

Ben Dooley
Local time: 05:58
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
doh! Aug 14, 2006

I guess "historical figures" is a pretty broad category

Chinese historical figures, 20th century. I'm heading to the library this week, but I was, as you mentioned, hoping to find something online.

I did find this, Chinese-English dictionary, which helped me puzzle out the readings.

http://www.mandarintools.com/worddict.html

Sadly, my Chinese is pretty rusty

Thanks for the reply!

Best,
Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know of resource for Chinese names/historical figures

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs