Thread poster: Floriana Casciabanca
Floriana Casciabanca
Floriana Casciabanca
Local time: 18:01
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 18, 2006

dear friends,
in these days i am translating some articles for a client of mine about Lovecraft and I need to find the italian texts of the following:

- Selected Letters, letter to Elizabeth Toldridge 1931
letter to August Derleth, 1931
letter to Emil Petaja, 1934
McLinn's Telegram to Maine Sunday TElegram (october 25th, 1987

Please help me!

Thanks to everybody in advance!

Floriana

Martin Fernandez Cufre
Martin Fernandez Cufre  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Lucky! :) Aug 20, 2006

Sadly I can't help you, but I just wanted to say that it's lucky for you to be working on that subject. Well, at least for me... I love Lovecraft's writing and it'd be great to work on a project related to anything lovecraftian... just that!

Cheers!

Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:01
English to Italian
+ ...
He is SO good Aug 20, 2006

Floriana Casciabanca wrote:

dear friends,
in these days i am translating some articles for a client of mine about Lovecraft and I need to find the italian texts of the following:

- Selected Letters, letter to Elizabeth Toldridge 1931
letter to August Derleth, 1931
letter to Emil Petaja, 1934
McLinn's Telegram to Maine Sunday TElegram (october 25th, 1987

Please help me!

Thanks to everybody in advance!

Floriana

Hi Floriana,

Oscar Mondadori published some 10/15 years ago all his writings in 5 books. 4 are of short stories and one of letters. Unfortunately I don't have them with me since they are still in Rome. nIf you are lucky enough you should be able to find the book you are looking for since it was the most recently published.

As an aside I often wondered why Lovecraft is not really available in the UK, not even in the library.

Andrea

Floriana Casciabanca
Floriana Casciabanca
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks guys Aug 26, 2006

dear andrea and martin
i also think that lovecraft is great! i need to find the italian translation of those texts. i thinkj i will buy oscar mondadori e edition.

thanks to you 2!!

floriana

actar (X)
actar (X)
English to French
Chatting about Lovecraft Aug 26, 2006

Martin Fernandez Cufre wrote:

Sadly I can't help you, but I just wanted to say that it's lucky for you to be working on that subject. Well, at least for me... I love Lovecraft's writing and it'd be great to work on a project related to anything lovecraftian... just that!

Cheers!

-

One word in the same vein... just because I've been talking about Lovecraft at breakfast this morning the first time for a long time, and, tell me, what strange force attracted me to come here, have a look at proz this afternoon the first time for a long time, just to see that a few are talking about him!

(Sorry not to be able to help about Italian translations, though!)

Cheers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lovecraft

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »