Korean to Hangul translation help
Thread poster: Mavericker (X)
Mavericker (X)
Mavericker (X)
English
Sep 13, 2006

Hello. I have been searching for an online KOrean transaltion site in which I can cut and paste Korean text in one box, and get a Hangul translation in the other box. Does anyone here know of any such sites. Please let me know. Thank you.

lylaelia
lylaelia
South Korea
Local time: 12:15
English to Korean
+ ...
Umm.... Korean to Hangul? Aren't they the same thing? Sep 16, 2006

Hello there,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Korean to Hangul translation". Isn't Korean Hangul? Or you mean you have some ENGLISH text that is written just like the way Korean sounds in English (e.g. "An-nyong-hase-yo" for Korean hello) and you'd like it to be translated into Hangul?

In that case, sorry, I don't think there's a website/translation resource that provides such (awesome!!) service...

Could you clarify exactly what you're asking?

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:15
German to English
+ ...
Yudit Sep 16, 2006

lylaelia wrote:
... have some ENGLISH text that is written just like the way Korean sounds in English (e.g. "An-nyong-hase-yo" for Korean hello) and you'd like it to be translated into Hangul?

... a website/translation resource that provides such (awesome!!) service...

If that is what the asker is looking for you could try:

www.yudit.org/cgi-bin/uniconv/uniconv.cgi?

I pasted in An-nyong-hase-yo, selected Hangul and got out 안-뇽-하세-요. Only the second glyph seems to differ slightly from 안녕하세요.

lylaelia
lylaelia
South Korea
Local time: 12:15
English to Korean
+ ...
Now that is fancy! Sep 16, 2006

I must retract my previous 'there-is-no-such-website' comment and better keep up with today's technology.

And Robert is right; conversion seems pretty good, which amazes me.

Even though there's still a world of difference (or laughter!) between "안녕하세요" and "안뇽하세요", I think it could be fixed if you use "nyoung" instead of "nyong". Seems like it all comes down to entering correct English spelling for each Korean syllable.

Good luck!

Mavericker (X)
Mavericker (X)
English
TOPIC STARTER
Reply to everyone's comments Sep 28, 2006

Hello. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner.

To answer the first question:

Hangul is Romanized spelling and pronounciation of Korean text.

I found one site for Hangul coversion that works:

http://www.sori.org/hangul/conv2kr.cgi?q=Yeongjin&m=0

I can just cut and paste Korean text, and it will transliterate
... See more
Hello. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner.

To answer the first question:

Hangul is Romanized spelling and pronounciation of Korean text.

I found one site for Hangul coversion that works:

http://www.sori.org/hangul/conv2kr.cgi?q=Yeongjin&m=0

I can just cut and paste Korean text, and it will transliterate the text into Romanized spelling and pronunciation.

I found this site on Korean Romanization:

http://www.sori.org/hangul/romanizations.html

Does anyone know of a site where I can transliterate this form of Korean to romainzed text?
Collapse

danrasband (X)
danrasband (X)
Korean to English
Hangul isn't romanization Mar 15, 2010

Hangul IS NOT romanization spelling or pronunciation of Korean text. Hangul is the name of the Korean 'alphabet' and writing system. Romanization of Korean is called "Korean romanization" or "Hangul romanization". There are several systems of Korean romanization including the McCune-Reischauer system (used by scholars, librarians, etc.), the Yale system (used by linguists mostly), and the Revised Romanization system (the system used in Korea on all of their signs/documents).

I am
... See more
Hangul IS NOT romanization spelling or pronunciation of Korean text. Hangul is the name of the Korean 'alphabet' and writing system. Romanization of Korean is called "Korean romanization" or "Hangul romanization". There are several systems of Korean romanization including the McCune-Reischauer system (used by scholars, librarians, etc.), the Yale system (used by linguists mostly), and the Revised Romanization system (the system used in Korea on all of their signs/documents).

I am working on a Korean corpus (a large body of Korean language data), my site has a romanizer on it. It only romanizes/hangulizes from and to the Yale system right now, but it should expand in the future.

http://koreancorpus.danrasband.com/transliterator/

[Edited at 2010-03-15 17:19 GMT]
Collapse

Korean Dictionary Apr 22, 2010

Hi, I am the developer of a Korean Dictionary

If you are looking for pronunciation or romanization, you can use our site.

Over 4,000 commonly used words, translations, and pronunciations.

Use the search box to find a word.

We plan on improving the search feature in the near future.

Jessica Peyton
Jessica Peyton
United States
English
Romanization must be correctly written/Another site to use (2021) Oct 5, 2021

Robert Tucker (X) wrote:

lylaelia wrote:
... have some ENGLISH text that is written just like the way Korean sounds in English (e.g. "An-nyong-hase-yo" for Korean hello) and you'd like it to be translated into Hangul?

... a website/translation resource that provides such (awesome!!) service...

If that is what the asker is looking for you could try:

www.yudit.org/cgi-bin/uniconv/uniconv.cgi?

I pasted in An-nyong-hase-yo, selected Hangul and got out 안-뇽-하세-요. Only the second glyph seems to differ slightly from 안녕하세요.

The site got the hangul wrong because I believe 녕 should be written as "nyeong" in romanization, not "nyong".

Here is an updated conversion site: http://www.mauvecloud.net/charsets/hangulgenerator.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Korean to Hangul translation help

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »