Thread poster: Alicia Casal

Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:18
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2006

I m looking for softwares for the administration of files.

I ve dowloaded Translation Office 3000 free trial, but it s not exactly what i need.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 19:18
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
What about Explorer ;P Sep 17, 2006

Alicia Casal wrote: I'm looking for software for the administration of files. I've dowloaded Translation Office 3000 free trial, but it s not exactly what I need.

Hope my suggestion will make you laugh, not sulk. What is exactly what you need?

[Edited at 2006-09-17 16:28]

Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:18
Russian to English
+ ...
LOL Vito! Sep 17, 2006

I've been using an Excel spreadsheet that Vito kindly sent me. I tweaked it to fit my large project (a book, which I've divided up into chapters) and now I can see at a glance how many words I'm doing each day, what percentage of each chapter is left, words per hour, etc. Not quite project management in the sense of the standalone applications, but perfect for my needs and keeps me motivated.

I did find this CMS during some recent research:

http://www.project-open.com/

Free, open source translation management. I haven't tried it, but may do so at some point.

Alan

Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:18
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I need Sep 17, 2006

What Alan s kindly provided.

Thanks

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:18
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
When you try it... Sep 18, 2006

Alan Campbell wrote:
http://www.project-open.com/
I haven't tried it...

When you try it, tell us a bit about it. The download size for the current version is... 200+ MB (and then you still have to download and install VM Ware). But apparently it is industrial strength stuff.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Management resources

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs