https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/55468-project_management_resources.html

Project Management resources
Thread poster: Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2006

I m looking for softwares for the administration of files.

I ve dowloaded Translation Office 3000 free trial, but it s not exactly what i need.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 19:14
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
What about Explorer ;P Sep 17, 2006

Alicia Casal wrote: I'm looking for software for the administration of files. I've dowloaded Translation Office 3000 free trial, but it s not exactly what I need.

Hope my suggestion will make you laugh, not sulk. What is exactly what you need?

[Edited at 2006-09-17 16:28]

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:14
Russian to English
LOL Vito! Sep 17, 2006

I've been using an Excel spreadsheet that Vito kindly sent me. I tweaked it to fit my large project (a book, which I've divided up into chapters) and now I can see at a glance how many words I'm doing each day, what percentage of each chapter is left, words per hour, etc. Not quite project management in the sense of the standalone applications, but perfect for my needs and keeps me motivated.

I did find this CMS during some recent r
... See more
I've been using an Excel spreadsheet that Vito kindly sent me. I tweaked it to fit my large project (a book, which I've divided up into chapters) and now I can see at a glance how many words I'm doing each day, what percentage of each chapter is left, words per hour, etc. Not quite project management in the sense of the standalone applications, but perfect for my needs and keeps me motivated.

I did find this CMS during some recent research:

http://www.project-open.com/

Free, open source translation management. I haven't tried it, but may do so at some point.

Alan
Collapse

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I need Sep 17, 2006

What Alan s kindly provided.

Thanks

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:14
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
When you try it... Sep 18, 2006

Alan Campbell wrote:
http://www.project-open.com/
I haven't tried it...

When you try it, tell us a bit about it. The download size for the current version is... 200+ MB (and then you still have to download and install VM Ware). But apparently it is industrial strength stuff.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Management resources

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »