Looking for glossary: Chamber of Commerce list of enterprises
Thread poster: lizzy g
lizzy g
lizzy g  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
Italian to English
Sep 30, 2006

Hello all!

I am having trouble finding a list of English terms for the Italian Chamber of Commerce's list enterprises:

e.g. Confez.articoli vesario-prep.pellicce
Fabbric.artic in gomma e mat. plastiche
Fabbric.maccine per uff., elaboratori

I could just translate all the terms (at least 30) but I think that they might be 'official catogories'. I am hoping that there is an official list somewhere of these terms... and am hoping that you'll be able
... See more
Hello all!

I am having trouble finding a list of English terms for the Italian Chamber of Commerce's list enterprises:

e.g. Confez.articoli vesario-prep.pellicce
Fabbric.artic in gomma e mat. plastiche
Fabbric.maccine per uff., elaboratori

I could just translate all the terms (at least 30) but I think that they might be 'official catogories'. I am hoping that there is an official list somewhere of these terms... and am hoping that you'll be able to help me find it!

Many thanks!
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
NACE codes? Oct 1, 2006

They look to me (as a non-Italian speaker) like the short form descriptions of NACE codes.

The short forms can be a bit rough!

For example, I wonder whether the middle one might be NACE code 2500 M/f rubber & plastic pdts (French: FAB. PDT PLASTIC, CAOUTCH)

I'm not sure whether full multi-lingual lists of the NACE codes are publicly available free of charge - I'm fairly sure this wasn't the case a few years ago when the company I was working for at the time
... See more
They look to me (as a non-Italian speaker) like the short form descriptions of NACE codes.

The short forms can be a bit rough!

For example, I wonder whether the middle one might be NACE code 2500 M/f rubber & plastic pdts (French: FAB. PDT PLASTIC, CAOUTCH)

I'm not sure whether full multi-lingual lists of the NACE codes are publicly available free of charge - I'm fairly sure this wasn't the case a few years ago when the company I was working for at the time needed it in Eng-Fr-Dutch, and I think they ended up paying for it (and I've, erm, borrowed it!)

You might need to do some detective work working from Italian -> Nace code -> English equivalent (I could probably help you with the last step, altho my list is a few years out of date now)
Collapse

lizzy g
lizzy g  Identity Verified
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a million, Charlie! Oct 1, 2006

Hi Charlie,

'NACE Codes' is new to me but I have just done a Google search and have found loads of examples of exactly what I am looking for.

My source translation doesn't seem to have all of the terms listed under the Nace code but I am able to see quite clearly the ones that apply to me.

Thank you very much for your help as I was starting to think that I would have to come up with my own translations for each one...and that would have been a nightmare!... See more
Hi Charlie,

'NACE Codes' is new to me but I have just done a Google search and have found loads of examples of exactly what I am looking for.

My source translation doesn't seem to have all of the terms listed under the Nace code but I am able to see quite clearly the ones that apply to me.

Thank you very much for your help as I was starting to think that I would have to come up with my own translations for each one...and that would have been a nightmare!

Have a good evening!

Lizzy G
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for glossary: Chamber of Commerce list of enterprises

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »