For interpreters: Advil, Gas-X, Listerine and mints
Thread poster: ashi

ashi
United States
Local time: 23:22
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 31, 2002

The biggest difference between Interpreters and Translators is that the former work closely with people. This means that interpreters need a whole set of tools to help control, well, you know \"bodily functions.\"

I want to share with you my \"take to court\" kit:

I always have Advil (for headaches)

Gas-X to help dissipate gas before it happens. Beano works too.

Listerine makes breath freshener tabs that I can use in case of really bad breath (oh, the times I wanted to give one of those to the defendant...)

I also have with me a few power bars for a quick \"carry-me-over\" in the hallway on a long day in court.

How about you? Do you work with the public? What do you have in your take-to-court kit?

Direct link Reply with quote

ROLANDO A. HERNANDEZ
Local time: 01:22
English to Spanish
I hear you... Nov 1, 2002

About the same thing: Excedrin Migrane, Everest mint gum for myself (and yes, I would love to give one to the client), I drink about 3 or 4 cokes during the day and lots of smoke breakes. That\'s my kit.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For interpreters: Advil, Gas-X, Listerine and mints

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs