Mobile menu

For interpreters: Advil, Gas-X, Listerine and mints
Thread poster: ashi

United States
Local time: 16:54
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 31, 2002

The biggest difference between Interpreters and Translators is that the former work closely with people. This means that interpreters need a whole set of tools to help control, well, you know \"bodily functions.\"

I want to share with you my \"take to court\" kit:

I always have Advil (for headaches)

Gas-X to help dissipate gas before it happens. Beano works too.

Listerine makes breath freshener tabs that I can use in case of really bad breath (oh, the times I wanted to give one of those to the defendant...)

I also have with me a few power bars for a quick \"carry-me-over\" in the hallway on a long day in court.

How about you? Do you work with the public? What do you have in your take-to-court kit?

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 18:54
English to Spanish
I hear you... Nov 1, 2002

About the same thing: Excedrin Migrane, Everest mint gum for myself (and yes, I would love to give one to the client), I drink about 3 or 4 cokes during the day and lots of smoke breakes. That\'s my kit.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For interpreters: Advil, Gas-X, Listerine and mints

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs