I need help looking for a Twi language forum-can someone please help me out
Thread poster: xxxMavericker
xxxMavericker
English
Dec 5, 2006

Hi. I've been looking for a free African language forum I can go to request Twi language translations form English to Twi and vice versa. Can someone here please help me out?

Direct link Reply with quote

Mira Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 20:56
English to Serbian
+ ...
Go to Directories, Freelancers Dec 6, 2006

on the top of the Proz home page and choose the Twi/English language from the drop down menus for the source/target language. The name(s) of translators will be displayed. Hope this helps.

Mira

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:56
SITE FOUNDER
There is one member here working in Twi Dec 6, 2006

Dorcas Amoah - http://www.proz.com/profile/604322

I realize that you may have already located this member, though.

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:56
French to English
+ ...
KudoZ? Dec 6, 2006

If they are short queries, you could post KudoZ questions - otherwise, perhaps you should consider paying someone for their work?

xxxMavericker
English
TOPIC STARTER
Response to Henry Dec 9, 2006

henry wrote:

Dorcas Amoah - http://www.proz.com/profile/604322

I realize that you may have already located this member, though.
\

No I haven't-thank you for that info. I'll be sure to contact her soon.

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
BTW... Dec 10, 2006

are you sure it's not a PhD thesis you are working on?

http://www.proz.com/topic/61250

Mira

xxxMavericker
English
TOPIC STARTER
advice on contacting translators Dec 16, 2006

Hello. If you send a translator a request for help, but you make a mistake by posting her/his profile instead of the URl for the question I want help with, what should you do? Should you send that person another e-mail with the correct URL? Or should you do somrthing different? Please let me know.

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
SOS Dec 16, 2006

I'm not qute sure I understand your question. Where exactly did you post your SOS?

If you've asked your question through KodoZ term translation questions, the translator(s) working in the subject language pairs would have been informed automatically.

And in case you send your request for help directly to a certain translator, why do you believe that you should necessarily get an answer?

As Chinese Concept wisely suggested, time to get rid of that viper nested in your wallet.

[Edited at 2006-12-16 21:50]

xxxMavericker
English
TOPIC STARTER
To Mira-What is an SOS? Dec 17, 2006

Mira Stepanovic wrote:

I'm not qute sure I understand your question. Where exactly did you post your SOS?

If you've asked your question through KodoZ term translation questions, the translator(s) working in the subject language pairs would have been informed automatically.

And in case you send your request for help directly to a certain translator, why do you believe that you should necessarily get an answer?

As Chinese Concept wisely suggested, time to get rid of that viper nested in your wallet.

[Edited at 2006-12-16 21:50]

What is an SOS?

Ana Maria Bustos K.  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:56
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
SOS Dec 17, 2006

According to what I have always heard, it is a cry for help that means SAVE OUR SOULS, although www.acronymfinder.com in one of its definitions informs this:

"[not an acronym] a common misconception is that SOS means Save Our Ship/Souls (a distress call); the letters don't actually stand for anything..."

and it also says that it means "MAYDAY"...

That is what I always thought it meant, but you learn something new everyday!

oops! after writing all this explanation, I noticed that you posted the question "To Mira", so forgive me for answering but I could not resist!!

Ana Maria

Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
Thank you Dec 17, 2006

"According to what I have always heard, it is a cry for help..."

Thank you Ana Maria, that is exactly what I had in mind.

To Maverick: Sorry, I was convinced that you would not require additional explanation for such a simple abbreviation having in mind that it is not in any of those numerous exotic languages located in the focal point of your interest .

Mira

xxxMavericker
English
TOPIC STARTER
What happened to the Twi Forums? Dec 23, 2006

I was going to post a new request for Twi translations, and now I don't see it. What happened?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help looking for a Twi language forum-can someone please help me out

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs