Off topic: Research on PL>EN mistranslations
Thread poster: London Translations
London Translations
London Translations
Local time: 07:34
Dec 8, 2006

We are looking for PL>EN and vice versa translators who have had the experience of coming across badly translated articles that caused embarrassment or misunderstanding etc. This is for a marketing opportunity and what we are looking for is a quote or anecdote from translators and examples of where things went wrong. We want to demonstrate why it is vital to use professional and qualified translators .

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-08 15:11]

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:34
English to German
+ ...
Who is we and what do you want to do with the quotes? Dec 8, 2006

Hello Mirka,

though I am not one of the translators you are looking for, I wonder what you wish to do with the quotes and anecdotes.

If you want to publish them or use them for advertisement purposes on your agency's website, I think you should say so in advance.

inmb
inmb  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:34
English to Polish
+ ...
true story Dec 8, 2006

Interpreting of part of the U.S. Professor's lectures at one of Polish universities:

ENG U.S. President Franklin Delano Rossevelt ...
POL Amerykańscy prezydenci Franklin, Delano i Roosevelt ...

Best regards

inmb

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research on PL>EN mistranslations

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »