Mobile menu

Off topic: Research on PL>EN mistranslations
Thread poster: London Translations
London Translations
Local time: 14:36
Dec 8, 2006

We are looking for PL>EN and vice versa translators who have had the experience of coming across badly translated articles that caused embarrassment or misunderstanding etc. This is for a marketing opportunity and what we are looking for is a quote or anecdote from translators and examples of where things went wrong. We want to demonstrate why it is vital to use professional and qualified translators .

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-08 15:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:36
English to German
+ ...
Who is we and what do you want to do with the quotes? Dec 8, 2006

Hello Mirka,

though I am not one of the translators you are looking for, I wonder what you wish to do with the quotes and anecdotes.

If you want to publish them or use them for advertisement purposes on your agency's website, I think you should say so in advance.

inmb  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:36
English to Polish
+ ...
true story Dec 8, 2006

Interpreting of part of the U.S. Professor's lectures at one of Polish universities:

ENG U.S. President Franklin Delano Rossevelt ...
POL Amerykańscy prezydenci Franklin, Delano i Roosevelt ...

Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research on PL>EN mistranslations

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs