Mobile menu

Off topic: Research on PL>EN mistranslations
Thread poster: London Translations
London Translations
Local time: 06:00
Dec 8, 2006

We are looking for PL>EN and vice versa translators who have had the experience of coming across badly translated articles that caused embarrassment or misunderstanding etc. This is for a marketing opportunity and what we are looking for is a quote or anecdote from translators and examples of where things went wrong. We want to demonstrate why it is vital to use professional and qualified translators .

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-08 15:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:00
English to German
+ ...
Who is we and what do you want to do with the quotes? Dec 8, 2006

Hello Mirka,

though I am not one of the translators you are looking for, I wonder what you wish to do with the quotes and anecdotes.

If you want to publish them or use them for advertisement purposes on your agency's website, I think you should say so in advance.

inmb  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:00
English to Polish
+ ...
true story Dec 8, 2006

Interpreting of part of the U.S. Professor's lectures at one of Polish universities:

ENG U.S. President Franklin Delano Rossevelt ...
POL Amerykańscy prezydenci Franklin, Delano i Roosevelt ...

Best regards

inmb

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research on PL>EN mistranslations

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs