https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/61532-english_greek_moto_terminological_resources.html

English-Greek Moto Terminological Resources
Thread poster: Selenegr
Selenegr
Selenegr
Local time: 15:11
English to Greek
Dec 12, 2006

Hello there!

1)Could someone advise me on English-Greek On-Line Moto Dictionaries, Glossaries etc,?
2)Also, is anyone familiar with paperback dictionaries of such form yet?
I have come up with 2 which unfortunately are out of use.. :΄-(
I need sources that have to do with motorbikes.However any moto sources you have, please share.Also feel free to add any monolingual English moto term sources.

Thank you in advance and much appreciated.

B
... See more
Hello there!

1)Could someone advise me on English-Greek On-Line Moto Dictionaries, Glossaries etc,?
2)Also, is anyone familiar with paperback dictionaries of such form yet?
I have come up with 2 which unfortunately are out of use.. :΄-(
I need sources that have to do with motorbikes.However any moto sources you have, please share.Also feel free to add any monolingual English moto term sources.

Thank you in advance and much appreciated.

Best
Selene
(in Greek mythology 'Moon')
Collapse

Irene (Renata) Liapis
Irene (Renata) Liapis  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
There are several on the Internet Dec 13, 2006

Hello,
Try http://www.sportbikeriding.com/Reference/Terminology.htm to begin with - but a a google search for "motorbike terminology" in Greek and in English should provide quite a few sites.
I dont know of any printed dictionaries on the subject.
Good luck,
Renata

Selenegr
Selenegr
English to Greek
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 13, 2006

Hi Renata.
I really appreciate your help and for your insightful comments. This is probably the best resource I have come up across so far.I will also try out what you have suggested.

Should anyone else knows more about motos, I would be really grateful if you can contribute on this post.

Many Thanks
Selene

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Moto - motor Dec 17, 2006

In English, the word "moto" is only used in the expression: "moto perpetuo".

If you are looking for motorbike terminology, you should look for motor, motorbike or motorcycle.

I am sure you will find more useful sites.

Selenegr
Selenegr
English to Greek
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Juvera Dec 20, 2006

Much appreciated.

I have just about managed to complete this project with the help of the Engineering Department of a local Technical Institution!!

However, I want to thank you because this is really useful as well as the actual somehow prefix phrase here is 'motor' and not 'moto', as you very well said.

What I realised these days is that I have to become smarter in my searching. For example, here, I should have used broader related terms (as Renata sugges
... See more
Much appreciated.

I have just about managed to complete this project with the help of the Engineering Department of a local Technical Institution!!

However, I want to thank you because this is really useful as well as the actual somehow prefix phrase here is 'motor' and not 'moto', as you very well said.

What I realised these days is that I have to become smarter in my searching. For example, here, I should have used broader related terms (as Renata suggested very perceptively too).

Best
Selene
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English-Greek Moto Terminological Resources

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »