https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/62558-ata_publications.html

ATA publications
Thread poster: briant
briant
briant  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:58
French to English
Jan 1, 2007

Have any of you bought any ATA publications like "Medical Translating and Interpreting: A Resource Guide." I haven't been able to find much information about these publications.

Esther Hermida
Esther Hermida  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
ATA Publications Jan 1, 2007

No, I have not. However, I've been an ATA member for many years and it is a respectable and very professional organization that represent the interest of the translators and interpreters in the US.

As a member I do receive the Chronicle, their monthly magazine, and the articles are very informative and written by people in the field.

I hope this has been helpful.

briant
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank for replying Jan 2, 2007

I also am a member of the ATA. I just haven't bought any of their publications. Some of the titles sound interesting, but I can't find any information about them.

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:58
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I bought one Jan 8, 2007

I bought Translating and Interpreting in the Federal Government by the ATA. It was interesting but too expensive for what I got. It did help me decide that I did not want to work for the Government.

briant
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info. Jan 9, 2007

Reading the titles of some of the publications made me wonder a lot about that--the bang for the buck. Thought the ones I am considering aren't very expensive.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATA publications

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »