Thread poster: Michael Moskowitz

Michael Moskowitz  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:35
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2007

Hello All,
Anyone had a chance to participate in today's Trados on-line webinar?
Their timing did not work for me, just wondering if anyone recorded it and is willing to share. Actually, I'm not sure if its possible to record those, but it would sure be nice.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 05:35
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
It was a non-event Jan 24, 2007

for me at least: 25 slides on "why term extraction" with examples (Term Extract and Phase Finder). There were supposedly 800 (!) logged in and maybe there's a differing opinion.

I logged out at cca 70% down the range... I agree with the general tenet, namely that getting term assets and maintaining them in a decent form, is a hellluva (highbrow, lowpay) job.

PS: Left one question on the stack before I left: how do these contraptions handle declinating languages (my bet: less perfectly, i.e. more imperfectly than say ENDEFR,,,). But I am curious...
Fact is that either I have the term translated in nominative and then I (clicketyclick) change it to accusative (takes me usually two errors, and three corrections before Im there)

...or I have all the seven alternatives (well, I'll just stick to singular) in akind of a concordance, then I climb up and down that stack like a monkey... spending 10 clicks on a translation that amounts to 5 characters....

[Edited at 2007-01-24 21:48]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:35
Partial member
+ ...
New Dates Jan 24, 2007

I sent you an email Michael.

The webinar is gonna be held again.

LANGUAGE: ENGLISH – 29th January

Topic: SDL Trados - Terminology Extraction
Date and Time: January 29, 2007

3:30 pm , GMT Standard Time (GMT 00:00, London)
4:30 pm , Europe Standard Time (GMT +01:00, Paris)
10:30 am , Eastern Standard Time (GMT -05:00, New York)
7:30 am , Pacific Standard Time (GMT -08:00, San Francisco)

LANGUAGE: GERMAN – 5th February

Topic: SDL Trados - German Language - Terminology Extraction
Date and Time: February 5, 2007

4:30 pm , Europe Standard Time (GMT +01:00, Berlin)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados webinars

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs