Mobile menu

Glossary /online dictionary on Astronomy
Thread poster: Yolanda Ruiz Luque

Yolanda Ruiz Luque
Local time: 07:26
Spanish
+ ...
Nov 20, 2002

Hi everybody!

I am going nuts trying to find a good glossary/dictionary (En>Sp) on Astronomy or any kind of glossary/dict. that covers this field. Does anybody know of anY? I would really appreciated if you could provide me with some information on this.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!!
[addsig]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
MeiLo
English to Chinese
Any specific words you need help with? Nov 21, 2002

Hi



I\'m an astronomer so may be able to help you if you let me know what you need.





Direct link Reply with quote
 

François Lozano
Local time: 07:26
English to French
+ ...
¿Conoces el sitio el-castellano.com? Nov 21, 2002

desde allí hay varios enlaces de páginas de diccionarios especializados.



Buena suerte



François
[addsig]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Liss Myrås  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:26
Danish to Norwegian
+ ...
Not Spanish but... Nov 21, 2002

Hi Yolanda



If you visit this Google-search link there are several useful glossaries and information related to astronomy:



http://www.google.com/search?q=astronomy%20glossary&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=no&btnG=Google-søk&lr=



You can also visit:



http://hubblesite.org/glossary/astronomy.shtml



http://www.howstuffworks.com/category.htm?cat=Space



or perhaps visit NASA`s pages.



Some Spanish too:



http://msowww.anu.edu.au/library/thesaurus/spanish/







I hope it helps a bit)



Best regards

Liss







_________________



[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-21 09:26 ]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Yolanda Ruiz Luque
Local time: 07:26
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Astronomy sites Dec 3, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-11-21 02:38, MeiLo wrote:

Hi



I\'m an astronomer so may be able to help you if you let me know what you need.







Hi Meilo! I need sites that would help me find astronomy terms (and explanations) in both English and Spanish. I am looking for something else that just general Astronomy. Know of any? Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Yolanda Ruiz Luque
Local time: 07:26
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Muchas gracias Dec 3, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-11-21 08:44, flozano wrote:

desde allí hay varios enlaces de páginas de diccionarios especializados.



Buena suerte



François





No, no sabía que existía esa página pero me parece ABSOLUTAMENTE MARAVILLOSA. ¡Mil gracias!!

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Yolanda Ruiz Luque
Local time: 07:26
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 3, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-11-21 09:11, L. Myrås wrote:

Hi Yolanda



If you visit this Google-search link there are several useful glossaries and information related to astronomy:



http://www.google.com/search?q=astronomy%20glossary&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=no&btnG=Google-søk&lr=



You can also visit:



http://hubblesite.org/glossary/astronomy.shtml



http://www.howstuffworks.com/category.htm?cat=Space



or perhaps visit NASA`s pages.



Some Spanish too:



http://msowww.anu.edu.au/library/thesaurus/spanish/







I hope it helps a bit)



Best regards

Liss







_________________



[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-21 09:26 ]



Thank you very much for your help. I have tried Google before and got some good sites but wanted more and more specific. Thank you very much for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxmgonzalez
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can find some here: Dec 3, 2002

http://home.worldonline.es/migonzal/diccionarios/astronomia.html

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Yolanda Ruiz Luque
Local time: 07:26
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot!! Dec 3, 2002

Quote:


On 2002-12-03 15:20, mgonzalez wrote:

http://home.worldonline.es/migonzal/diccionarios/astronomia.html



THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! I GOT LOTS OF GLOSSARIES AND INTERESTING SITES!!

Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary /online dictionary on Astronomy

Advanced search


Translation news





SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs