Amy Billing  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:16
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2007

Hi,
I am looking to purchase a Spanish>English business/financial dictionary and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for one which is particularly good? (I may also consider buying seperate business and financial ones as I'm not sure how good one would be that covers both areas). Thanks.

GASQUET
GASQUET  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:16
Spanish to English
Diccionario de términos económicos, financieros y comerciales Feb 7, 2007

Hi,

I recommend the bilingual ES>EN & EN>ES "Diccionario de términos económicos, financieros y comerciales" by Enrique Alcaraz and Brian Hughes.

Latin_Hellas (X)
Latin_Hellas (X)
United States
Local time: 21:16
Italian to English
+ ...
Also CD-Rom Version Feb 7, 2007

There is also a CD-Rom version of this dictionary produced by Rutledge back in 1998 (English title: Spanish Dictionary of Business, Commerce and Finance); it is a bit hard to find and expensive.

I image that there are newer editions of the print version. Can anyone confirm?

As far as I know, there is no updated CD-Rom version, but if some one has better information or knows of a valid alternative, please pass it on.

Thanks

Adam Burman
Adam Burman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Alcaraz & Hughes Feb 7, 2007

Agree with Gasquet: the "Diccionario de Términos Económicos, Financieros y Comerciales by Alcaraz and Hughes is excellent. I bought my copy from Grant & Cutler online. A bit pricey but worth it.

Took me a little while to get used to the layout of the entries but I find it very comprehensive (I have bought many over the years).

Another small but useful dictionary is the Oxford Business Spanish Dictionary. For quick reference it is also excellent.

Hope thes
... See more
Agree with Gasquet: the "Diccionario de Términos Económicos, Financieros y Comerciales by Alcaraz and Hughes is excellent. I bought my copy from Grant & Cutler online. A bit pricey but worth it.

Took me a little while to get used to the layout of the entries but I find it very comprehensive (I have bought many over the years).

Another small but useful dictionary is the Oxford Business Spanish Dictionary. For quick reference it is also excellent.

Hope these suggestions are useful.
Collapse

Amy Billing
Amy Billing  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 12, 2007

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions - I think I'll go for the Alcaraz & Hughes option even if it is a bit pricey as from the sounds of things it should be worth it. I can't seem to find a more up-to-date CD Rom version though so I guess I'll stick to the good old traditional book version. Thanks again.

Robert Copeland
Robert Copeland
United States
Local time: 15:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
dictionary Feb 18, 2007

bartera wrote:

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions - I think I'll go for the Alcaraz & Hughes option even if it is a bit pricey as from the sounds of things it should be worth it. I can't seem to find a more up-to-date CD Rom version though so I guess I'll stick to the good old traditional book version. Thanks again.

A bit expensive as already stated, but worth every penny-Very, very thorough!!!!!!!!!!!

R. Copeland

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resource: SP>EN Business/Financial dictionary

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »