https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/65840-looking_for_a_decent_electronic_translator.html

Looking for a decent electronic translator...
Thread poster: Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 13, 2007

Hi all,

My wife is looking for a reliable electronic translator. I know what this may sound like for all my colleagues:) , but actually she's looking for a machine in which she can input her glossaries or terms as well, so she can access them easily (she's an interpreter).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Best regards,

Pablo

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Powertranslator (Sofitissimo) Feb 13, 2007

I have an old version of this one... and it is pretty good (not as good as human translators) but it can be used as a tool that will assist a translator.

Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ritu Feb 13, 2007

Actually, I am looking for a Franklin-type electronic translator (i.e. the actual machine) instead of a software to be installed in a computer. She owns a VERY old Franklin machine translator that was very helpful while it lasted (a nervous breakdown, I guess...:))

Thank you!

Pablo

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:22
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
why not a "small" computer Feb 14, 2007

It seems your wife don't like a computer, but like a "machine". The only reason I can imagine is a computer is too big in size. So why not buy her, or suggest her to buy a "small" computer.

There are many tiny computers, such as some mobiles, PDAs or small laptop computers. They are small enough.

[Edited at 2007-02-15 04:18]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a decent electronic translator...

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »