Mobile menu

Need help on Trados 5.5
Thread poster: Ivan Martinez
Ivan Martinez
Local time: 14:23
English to Spanish
Nov 25, 2002

Is there anybody that can help me on how to get Trados 5.5 or other CAT program? I live in Havana, Cuba, and have nor way to get one of this programs. Do you can make a copy an send it to me?

Direct link Reply with quote
AZRA AKARTUNA  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:23
English to Turkish
+ ...
Trados 5.5 Nov 25, 2002

There is not a way of using the copy of this program. First you should have a special dongle to use it. (Trados sells it together with the CD). The only way to use it is downloading the demo from trados website (it takes about 6-8 hours)or buying one for 615$. But I have it and decided to sell it for 550$. If you are interested in pls. send me an e-mail. Hope this helps.

langnet  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:23
Member (2002)
Italian to German
+ ...
Well... Nov 25, 2002

there are some means to download and get Trados work, but these are illegal...

I would recommend Wordfast to you (I have Trados 5.5 and prefer to use Wordfast). It has almost all Trados features (and even some that Trados doesn\'t offer at all, e.g. translation of Excel files). Once, Wordfast was free but now you have to register and pay for the license. BUT... there are different license fees depending on whether you are an agency or a freelancer or depending on the country you live in (this would be 50 USD instead of 170 USD). MAC users at the moment will get their license still for free.

Nevertheless, if someone can\'t afford the discounted fee for valuable reasons given, I\'m convinced he or she will be able to get their license for free writing to Mr. Champollion.

For a start, you could use the free trial version which is fully functional.

The Wordfast link is:

P.S: If you like, I can download the Wordfast trial version for you (approx. 0,6 MB) and send it to your e-mail account. Feel free to contact me.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-25 17:47 ]

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:23
MetaTexis Nov 26, 2002

TRADOS is available for $545:

MetaTexis is another option. It is available for download by platinum members. (No charge once you are a member):

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help on Trados 5.5

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs