José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2002

Hola,

Regards from Mumbai, India.

I am working hard but enjoying every single minute. I am in a break now and HAD to proz a little

Here it goes...

http://213.60.131.138/pescadigital/diccionario/menudic.htm

JL

Direct link Reply with quote

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I could have used this a long time ago! Nov 27, 2002

Hola JL!

Thank you for the great link... This will be very useful to me for some of the work I do in the Caribbean related to marine life!

Buenos dias de Barbados

Enjoy Mumbai for all of us!!!

Kind regards,

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-27 13:56 ]

Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:00
English to French
+ ...
so many fishes in the ocean Nov 27, 2002

Many documents from the Fr institute www.ifremer.fr are translated into English. This refers not only to science but also to politics through the EU policies, and also the fr presence in the Carribeans, the Pacific and Antarctica.

One of the researchers is a sports pal of mine, since I live in Brest, fr, and one day he asked me if I would do >EN translations for him, since he had difficulties in finding reliable people. I answered that it was considered non-professional to translate into another language than your own, but that if he had a steady volume to translate I would find someone.

Someday when I have time I will try and set up a network for maritime things through Proz.

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Merci Arnaud! Nov 27, 2002

This is a terrific website... many thanks, this will also be very useful to me.

I look forward to exploring anything \"maritime\" related that you want to set up on Proz! It is a fascinating topic...

Regards,

Nathalie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fish/Marine species glossary :-)) French // Spanish // English // Scientific

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums