Tourism, travel specific glossary
Thread poster: laura castori

laura castori  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:20
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 6, 2007

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone of you knows a good specific vocabulary for tourism, travel etc.... Maybe one specific for translations related to hotels, restaurants etc...
I only found this "CD-ROM Duboux multilingual dictionary – 7 lingue" anyone of you know it???
Thanks for the help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Michèle Ménard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:20
French to Italian
+ ...
Use the Internet Mar 6, 2007

I work mostly in this field and when I started I only had some common dictionaries and Internet to rely on. If you are keen in Internet searches you will be able to build up your own glossary in few weeks - so did I.

[Edited at 2007-03-06 15:58]

Local time: 00:20
Italian to Hebrew
+ ...
Travel Industry Dictionary Mar 7, 2007

Ciao, Laura.
Ti invito a visitare questo sito:
This link leads to a comprehensive dictionary of travel industry terms, which was created for travel agencies, home-based travel agents, and travel writers.
The dictionary is easy to use and can be helpful when a translator is looking for definitions of terms and phrases that are used in the special jargon of the travel business.

biankonera  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
tourism Mar 7, 2007

tourism is a field where there is no one big universal dictionary suitable for all the world due to the fact that its a very versatile field.
from my own experience I can say over the course of time you will end up with your own dictionary (if you specialize in this field) and it will be made up of terms from general dictionaries, wine terminology, culinary, hotel and hospitality and other terminology.
Also as previous poster mentioned Internet is of great help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tourism, travel specific glossary

Advanced search

Translation news PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs