Mobile menu

Sir Francis Bacon in Russian
Thread poster: egroeg
egroeg
English to French
+ ...
Mar 7, 2007

Could anyone please suggest where I might find a Russian-language edition of Essays by Sir Francis Bacon?

Direct link Reply with quote

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:07
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
`Essays' in Russian Mar 7, 2007

Please follow the link:

http://filosof.historic.ru/books/item/f00/s00/z0000455/

These are `Essays' ("Опыты") in Russian translation.

[Edited at 2007-03-07 16:42]

egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
much thanks Mar 7, 2007

I wish to purchase such book for my Ukrainian mother-in-law. (She does not use internet.) My wife is Russian and perhaps she can help me with the transaction.

I very much appreciate your suggestions and help.

George

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:07
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
If you want to order a book... Mar 7, 2007

George, you may try www.ozon.ru, it's like Amazon in Russia. I'm not sure if they accept USD or any foreign currencies, but the service is quite reliable and well-established. I believe they provide their service to other countries, too. The books may be old and/or out-of-print, but you may try it, anyway, if you don't want to read anything on-screen. But, if I were you, I would print out the text d/loaded via the Web, then probably put it in cover and so on.

PS. Your mother-in-law is probably great if she's interested in Fancis Bacon's works! Grats

egroeg wrote:
I wish to purchase such book for my Ukrainian mother-in-law. (She does not use internet.) My wife is Russian and perhaps she can help me with the transaction.

I very much appreciate your suggestions and help.

George

[Edited at 2007-03-07 17:15]

egroeg
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More thanks Mar 7, 2007

Now I can read the link that you sent to me and I see the entire work is there so I can print it out. Thank you very much.

(If you know of a printed edition I could buy I would of course like to know about it.)

George

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sir Francis Bacon in Russian

Advanced search

Translation news

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs