https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/6778-how_can_i_get_microsoft_locstudio.html

How can I get Microsoft LocStudio
Thread poster: rarepa (X)
rarepa (X)
rarepa (X)
English to Spanish
Dec 2, 2002

Does anyone know how I can get Microsoft LocStudio?

Thanks in advance,

Radek Podolski
Radek Podolski

Local time: 19:58
English to Polish
+ ...
MS approved (sub)vendors only Dec 2, 2002

Hi,

offically it is to be used only for MS projects and only by MS MLVs (multiple language vendors) and their subcontractors. If you are one, your MLV will surely give it to you, if you\'re not - well, you should not use it, which of course doesn\'t mean its impossible to get.

best,

raad

Marisapad
Marisapad  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:58
English to Italian
+ ...
look at these threads Dec 2, 2002

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=26739#26739

\"... LocStudio and Helium were developed by Microsoft for their own localization effort. Usually, the agency will provide you a copy. I\'m unaware of whether they are commercially available. LocStudio is a pretty decent tool, used for translating software. Helium is usually used for localizing HTML content and it is a real
... See more
http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=26739#26739

\"... LocStudio and Helium were developed by Microsoft for their own localization effort. Usually, the agency will provide you a copy. I\'m unaware of whether they are commercially available. LocStudio is a pretty decent tool, used for translating software. Helium is usually used for localizing HTML content and it is a real nightmare. Especially when interacting with Trados memories....\"

or also this one:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=26738#26738

...Helium and LocStudio are \"Internal\" tools of Microsoft and are not for sell. The person who contacted you should be able to provide these tools to you...

According to my knowledge, one agency cannot pretend that you know/have/use this tool, because it is not commercialy available, you should have stolen it!

HTH

marisa
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:58
English to Turkish
+ ...
more information please Dec 4, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-02 18:09, raad wrote:

Hi,

offically it is to be used only for MS projects and only by MS MLVs (multiple language vendors) and their subcontractors. If you are one, your MLV will surely give it to you, if you\'re not - well, you should not use it, which of course doesn\'t mean its impossible to get.

best,

raad

So w... See more
Quote:

Hi,

best,

raad

So where are those useful links RAAD? More help please Collapse

rarepa (X)
rarepa (X)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Dec 4, 2002

Hi,

best,

raad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I get Microsoft LocStudio

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »