Global Payment System - Can I trust them?
Thread poster: Ian McAllister (X)
Ian McAllister (X)
Ian McAllister (X)
Spanish to English
Dec 10, 2002

Most of my translations have been international so I am intensely interested in a global payment system.

GTC Global Paying System seems to be just what I want, if they are to be believed. Can I trust them? Has anybody any experience with them? Many people don\'t have credit cards, and they don\'t need them with this system.

Their web site is at

<
... See more
Most of my translations have been international so I am intensely interested in a global payment system.

GTC Global Paying System seems to be just what I want, if they are to be believed. Can I trust them? Has anybody any experience with them? Many people don\'t have credit cards, and they don\'t need them with this system.

Their web site is at

http://www.247world.com/gtc/globalpay.php

So far I have used Pay Pal, which still requires the use of credit cards.

Collapse

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 19:52
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
I won't pay $ 79 to find out Dec 10, 2002

That\'s what you have to pay for the first year. The normal yearly fee is $ 249 (or $ 29 per month).

As they are an unknown entity to me and couldn\'t exactly convince me that they\'ll provide anything, I declined.

PayPal is good enough!

Anthony Dr. Williams
Anthony Dr. Williams
Austria
Local time: 19:52
German to English
PayPal Dec 10, 2002

There are a few websites out claimed that PayPal is a \"very difficult\" way to receive payment. Has anyone experience (positive or negative?)

Anthony Williams

Vienna

Ian McAllister (X)
Ian McAllister (X)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
PayPal ease of use Dec 12, 2002

There are a few websites out claimed that PayPal is a \"very difficult\" way to receive payment. Has anyone experience (positive or negative?)

PayPal is easy to use, and doesn\'t cost much, and offers you several options for requesting payment, including \"click here\" buttons.

The only drawback is that you need a credit card to make a payment, and there are billions of people out there without credit cards.

[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Global Payment System - Can I trust them?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »