Mac OS glossaries available somewhere?
Thread poster: Niina Lahokoski

Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:52
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Apr 12, 2007

Does anyone know, if there are Mac OS glossaries (similar to the Microsoft ones) available anywhere?

Direct link Reply with quote

Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:52
English to Swedish
Mac glossaries Apr 12, 2007

Here ares ome glossaries in DMG format:

Best regards,

[Edited at 2007-04-12 15:37]

[Edited at 2007-04-12 15:38]

elhagemaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:52
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
failure to open the gloss. Apr 13, 2007

hey! Thanks a lot for the glossaries but I faield to open them. Do I need any specific program to be able to open them???

[Edited at 2007-04-13 07:13]

Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:52
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
To view the files... Apr 13, 2007

Thank you for the links, Cecilia!

To be able to view the files in Windows you need some programs:

For the DMG file you need a program to convert the .dmg file to an .iso file (I used MacigISO) and a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator such as Daemon Tools, which you use to open the ISO file. On the virtual disc there is a a tab delimited text file that can be opened with Notepad, MS Excel, OpenOffice or similar.

For the sit.hqx files you need a program called Stuffit Expander (similar to WinZip etc.). Winzip can open the .hqx files but not .sit files. The unzipped .ad files can be opened in Notepad, but I would suggest using MS Word, OpenOffice or an XML viewer, for example.

Hope this helps!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mac OS glossaries available somewhere?

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs